Our Wine Gems of the Month
Heartland Stickleback Red: Remarkable price at £8.99 (saving £7!)
You should be excited: here we have an utterly indulgent Australian Red! Fragrant, spicy, juicy and full bodied. On the palate we can taste characters of chocolate, cherries and plums with a vibrant blackcurrant lift. A truly remarkable wine.
Vintage: 2009 Style: Full-bodied Origin: South Australia
Grape Varieties: 45% Cabernet Sauvignon; 38% Shiraz; 9% Dolcetto; 8% Lagrein
Food-Matching: Great with Game, Beef Casseroles and Coq au Vin
Heartland Stickleback in the words of Josh Raynolds, International Wine Cellar
“Ruby-red. Spicy red- and blackcurrant aromas are complemented by baking spices, minerals and dried herbs. Tangy and fresh, offering spicy red berry and bitter cherry flavors and building sweetness. Finishes with good lift and snap and a lingering liquorice quality. Offers a lot of complexity and freshness for the money.”
Heartland Pinot Gris: Stunning offer at £11.99 (saving £5!)
Fear not, we have not forgotten all those who prefer to fill their glass with White! And here we have just the thing. A South Australian Pinot Gris with a beautiful lemony-green colour and attractive aromas of melon, pear and apple blossom.
This is a fresh and lively white wine with subtle flavours of spice and citrus. A sumptuous fruity elegance is balanced by a crisp and dry finish. Un apéritif idéal!
Vintage: 2011 Style: Off-Dry; Medium-Bodied; Unoaked
Origin: South Australia Grape Varieties: 92% Pinot Grigio; 8% Viognier
Food-Matching: Lovely to drink on its own but also pairs perfectly with with seafood, light pastas and cheese
- Our #LIWF Favs:Guigal's 2010 Cotes du Rhône's outstanding balance & Hugel's 2011's rich bouquet. Both in store! Thanks #FastTrackFrance || 20 hours ago
- @lokiwine @HarpersWine Like your style... Enjoy and fingers crossed for you this evening!! || 20 hours ago
- The #LIWF buzz! No wonder why: the rich beauty of spicy syrah shining through in Crozes-Hermitage D de Thalabert. Let's #FastTrackFrance ! || 21 hours ago
- Galinot's 2009 Sancerre Blanc, a truly #inspiringwine, French elegance at its best! #FastTrackFrance #LIWF || 1 day ago
- Just landed @londonwinefair. What an exciting day lined up! Time to hit the #FastTrackFrance stand...see what everyone's talking about #LIWF || 1 day ago
- @Condor_Wines @DecanterAwards Congratulations the wines have proved very popular with our customers #malbec || 1 day ago